SRINAGAR: A Panchayat Ghar was damaged in a fire incident in Shopian district of south Kashmir on Wednesday. However, official sources said that it was not immediately known whether it was set ablaze by somebody or there was short-circuit.
Official sources said that the blaze started at 8:00 pm and fire tenders were rushed immediately to douse of the flames at Dangam.
Reportedly, the structure has suffered substantial damage.
A police officer said that the police was investigating whether it has been burnt by some miscreants or there was an accidental fire including due to short circuit.
“A case in this regard was registered and investigations launched to ascertain the cause of the fire,” he said. (GNS)