Girl student dies of electrocution in Poonch ‘madarasa’, 11 others injured

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Poonch: A female student died and 11 others sustained injuries due to electric shock at a seminary in the Poonch district of Jammu region, officials said.

The incident occurred late Tuesday night when the students were playing in the compound of the ‘madrasa’.

Officials said that the students suffered an electric shock from an iron grill in the complex. They were shifted to Raja Sukhdev Singh District Hospital in Poonch, where one of them was declared dead on arrival.

Eleven other students had suffered minor injuries and were discharged from the hospital after first aid.

Police have taken cognizance of the incident. [KNT]

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.