by Srija Mukherjee
Shalby Hospital was established by Dr. Vikram Shah in 1994 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Shalby has a chain of hospitals in Ahmedabad, Indore, Surat, Vapi, Jabalpur, Mohali and Jaipur.
These are multispecialty hospitals having more than 2000 hospital beds. Shalby’s founder Dr. Vikram Shah – CMD has been felicitated by Ethicon India for the development of the ‘OS Needle’. (Read more about choosing the right hospital http://www.hospitaliz.com/
Shalby Hospitals is renowned all over the world for Joint Replacement by creating many records since 2007. This hospital has successfully performed thousands of joint replacement surgeries, and the number is increasing gradually. The transformation of Shalby into a chain of multispecialty hospitals within 24 years tells about its sincerity and interest for Quality Healthcare.
Shalby Multispecialty Hospital Chain –
A look at all the specialties offered by Shalby Group Of Hospital
There are a large number of specialties available in Shalbys Hospital. They are Critical Care & Trauma, Joint Replacement Surgery, Neurology and Neuro Surgery, Spine Surgery, Ortho-Oncology Surgery, Cardiology & Minimal Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Sports Injury, Liver Transplant Counseling, Kidney Transplant, Hepato-biliary Surgery, Pediatrics, Medical Oncology & Onco Surgery, Dental Cosmetics & Implantology, Ophthalmology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Rheumatology, Cosmetics & Dermatology, Homecare, Gynecology, IVF & Surrogacy Counselling, Homecare etc. There are also specialty clinics for Epilepsy, Stroke, Acidity, Snore & Sinus, Sleep Study, Glaucoma, Asthma, Diabetes, Hypertension, Liver, Kidney, Fertility, Obesity, Radio Therapy and Radio surgery etc. other de of treatment at Shalby. Shalby’s multi-specialty corporate hospital has been constantly receiving appreciation from patients who get all the expert treatments under one roof.
Expanding forward –
The collective vision of Shalby Hospitals
Shalby runs four different multispecialty hospitals in Ahmedabad,. These are situated at S.G. Road, Ghuma, Vijay Cross Roads, Bopal, and Naroda. Its huge number tells its popularity and provides healthcare at doorstep. Other working Shalby hospitals are – Shalby Surat, Shalby Vapi, Shalby Jabalpur, Shalby Indore, Shalby Jaipur, Shalby Mohali, and Zynova Shalby in Mumbai. The OPDs of Shalby are present not only in india, but also in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda of African continent and these are well connected with the community. It also has tie-ups with RAK hospital in Ras- al Khaimah and Saudi Germal Hospital in Dubai for expanding expert healthcare to the general population of United Arab Emirates. (Read more about choosing the right hospital http://www.hospitaliz.com/
Mission & Vision –
The collective vision of the staff of Shalby Hospital
The prime mission of Shalby Hospital is to become a leader in Joint replacement and also to set up multi-specialty hospitals all over the world and its vision is to grow as much in the healthcare sector.
A stamped certificate for quality medical service at Shalby Multispeciality Hospital –
The validity of Shalby Hospital
- Patient Centric Approach
Shalby Hospital is devoted to provide quality services and treatment to patients in time and at an affordable cost. Shalby’s feedbacks and suggestions are mentioned as the stepping stones for the ongoing development in its quality healthcare delivery system.
This hospital focuses to improve the quality of patient care by. Monitoring and assessing the treatment constantly. Evaluating the performances against industry benchmarks. Giving stress on disease prevention as early diagnosis helps in saving lives and money.
- The elite chain of Shalby Hospital has got the prestigious NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospitals & Healthcare Providers) certification. NABH is a part of Quality Council of India, founded to create standard of development for Healthcare industry of India. It does activities such as accreditation of healthcare facilities, education and training for quality & patient safety, quality promotion, IEC activities, and endorsement of various healthcare quality courses/ workshops.
3. It has received NABL accreditation as it offers wide range of laboratory testing for a large number of disease conditions. The modern laboratory technology and equipment at Shalby Hospital offers the highest quality standard and accuracy. NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) is an autonomous body working under the guidance of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
4. There CQI certified professionals work round the clock, offer excellent services to patients, medical insurance companies and corporates. The Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) is a global professional body advancing the practice of quality management. Shalby is fully devoted towards delivering highest quality health care through new use of technology across all the medical specialties.
SHALBY HOSPITALS – INDIA, is a Multi-specialty Tertiary Hospitals chain, having 11 Hospitals spread across Western and Central India. Shalby Group is trying to increase from 2000 to 2500 beds near future.
The Clinical Research Wing Of Shalby Multispeciality Hospital, has the following facilities:
- Archiving Facilities
- Electronic Records System
- Facility for conducting PK Study at the site
- Refrigerator & Access Controlled Room for drug storage
- Calibrated Temperature Recorder
- Power Backup
- ECG Machine
- Document Storage Area
- ISD connection and phone lines
- Internet Connection
- Customized SOP & Protocols
Testimonials of Patients –
- Mrs. Teresia Adoyo’s Being, a 78 years old lady, had fear of undergoing a hip replacement surgery. It was justified as she never really could put her trust in the treatment modality. However, things changed for good when she met Dr. Manu Sharma, for Orthopedic and Joint Replacement treatment.
2. Dr Kalpesh Shah was admitted in Shalby hospital for his Total Knee Replacement recently. A family physician by profession, he has been in practice in Shahibaug and Asarva areas of Ahmedabad since the past 35 years.
Dr Kalpesh Shah enjoyed being a patient after 35 years of being a doctor. His wife Chetnaben was with him and both had the same opinion that their brief staying experience in Shalby was like to a resort rather than a hospital. Dr Kalpeshbhai said that although he was a doctor and took good care of himself, unfortunately he had hereditary joint pain from his mother, Chandrakantaben, who also had same problem.
Kalpeshbhai has suffered knee pain in both legs since many years. He was operated on one knee at another hospital in Ahmedabad a few years ago. But, that surgery did not go well. He suffered pain and prostate trouble during his first surgery as the urinary catheter was put for a longer time in his bladder and it developed. He also suffered operative pain for a month after that surgery. So for his second knee came to Shalby and that resulted in a happy experience, said Dr Kalpeshbhai.